Leave a comment and I'll gift you one of my novels or a subscription to my Wellness Ezine.

Leave a comment and I'll gift you one of my novels or a subscription to my Wellness Ezine.
Follow me by email, below right

Friday, February 13, 2015

Post the Pitch and First 250 Words of Your Novel and Receive a Free Critique



Today's the day for a free critique of your novel.
Hurry on over to http://michelle4laughs.blogspot.com/ and enter post haste! Find my pitch and 250 for a novel I'm querying.

 SECRETS Pitch:

If seventeen-year-old Raz Rinaldi  stops lying  and finds the courage to tell the truth, she could get the scholarship she so badly needs and the boy she most desperately wants.


First 250 words:

           Running is my medicine.In the dark, foggy morning, I'm on automatic pilot. Endorphins kick in, surge through my bloodstream, make me believe everything’s going to be okay.

My feet thump across the wet sidewalk. Rain, shine, snow, sleet—I run.
It’s the only thing that makes me feel in control.
A car drives by and splashes water at me, but I speed across the street, out of range.
Before Mom died, my life was laid out: graduate, go to college, break track records. I breath faster, feel the familiar tightening in my leg muscles.
The old Raz, the one I was with Mom, was confident. Now, I’m secretive Raz who never shows anyone what’s deep inside me.
I have to keep my secrets hidden. Especially from my stepmother who thinks running is silly and that I should get a better haircut and wear a skirt and heels to class. I don’t tell her she’s crazy, but that’s what I’m thinking.
My feet take me up a slight incline and I try not to think about Dad. He’s my biggest worry. Without Mom here, he’s my responsibility.
I’m not sure I’m up to it.
***
The sun comes up two hours later on my first day of senior year. Logan Spenser, the best-looking guy in my class, pulls his convertible alongside Chelsea’s VW Bug in the line of drivers waiting for parking spots in the school lot. I try not to stare, but I can’t stop myself from peering at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment