Leave a comment and I'll gift you one of my novels or a subscription to my Wellness Ezine.

Leave a comment and I'll gift you one of my novels or a subscription to my Wellness Ezine.
Follow me by email, below right

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

BUY BOOKS LOCALLY

Here I go on my soapbox. Tony says I should take a break, but hey, I'm a writer...I can't.

The thing is, bookstores are closing--even big ones. Yes, I know, everybody says e-books are the future. Buy your Kindle now. But, in my opinion, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, like opening the pages of a book, settling back and traveling around the pages with a bunch of highly interesting people.

Kindle? Never!

I know, I know, never say never, but I have to put my four cents in about this.

I know, I know, save a tree and buy a kindle. But to use a Kindle, you first have to buy the Kindle. Then you have to pay for each and every book besides. Seems like less of an environmental action than a profit motive, but that's just my opinion.

Stay on message...Okay, okay...The best way to make sure there are any hard copy books left on the planet is to buy your books at a local bookstore. Keep that bookstore going or we all know who's going to own every kindle and e-book around. Clue: starts with Am and ends with azon.

So, buy books from your local bookstore. For yourself. For others as gifts. Donate them to the library if you run out of people to give them to. They're suffering too with reduced budgets to buy books.

Okay, that's it, I'm off my podium and back to my chair, ready to write a new chapter in my latest work in progress.

Stay Well,

Carolyn

P.S. Please tell your friends, colleagues, family, and anyone else you care to about my blog. Thanks so much!
P.P.S. Enter my raffle. All you have to do is comment on this or any other post I've written and I'll put you in the running to win one of my health-related books (your choice as long as copies remain).

No comments:

Post a Comment